cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Logout & Change Password

kqian
1-Newbie

Logout & Change Password

How can I realize the function(Logout & Change Password) in a mashup like the  screenshot as follows:

捕获.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For the Logout, you need to download the Logout Button Widget: ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » Logout Button

For the Change Password, I think you can do it from Server Side Javascript with this code ( I've never tested it ):

var params = {

newPasswordConfirm: undefined /* STRING */,

oldPassword: undefined /* STRING */,

newPassword: undefined /* STRING */

};

Users[user_name].ChangePassword(params);

For instance for user_name you can use: Resources["CurrentSessionInfo"].GetCurrentUser()

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

For the Logout, you need to download the Logout Button Widget: ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » Logout Button

For the Change Password, I think you can do it from Server Side Javascript with this code ( I've never tested it ):

var params = {

oldPassword: undefined /* STRING */,

};

Users[user_name].ChangePassword(params);

For instance for user_name you can use: Resources["CurrentSessionInfo"].GetCurrentUser()

Thanks for your answer,and the logout button is convenient to use!

paic
1-Newbie
(To:kqian)

Something else that is helpful, there is also AssignNewPassword

var params = {

};

// no return

Users["UserName"].AssignNewPassword(params);

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:paic)

Hi Pai,

Have you tested against service AssignNewPassword? I got error when test this service:

Wrapped java.lang.Exception: Invalid New Password Specified Cause: Invalid New Password Specified

This is my code:

var params = {

newPasswordConfirm: "abc" /* STRING */,

newPassword: "abc" /* STRING */

};

// no return

Users["MyUserName"].AssignNewPassword(params);

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:paic)

Issue is fixed. The root cause is that there is a minimum length for new password length which is 5.

So issue is fixed after setting newPassword nad newPasswordConfirm as "admin".

But we didnt find any instruction for this limitation till now.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

Hi Pai,

In our application, specific user can set new password for users. but  AssignNewPassword(params) is only working with Administrator user.

we can use ChangePassword(params) but it requires a old password of user, so can we get existing password of user using any service?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:lpthingworx)

It will also work with SecurityAdministrators so you can set up users to have that permission.

Please note that whoever you give this permission to, can execute it not only in your mashup, but also through the REST API, so you have to make sure you think through how you give access to this functionality.

In 6.6 the FormLogin page of the Organization also has a Password reset capability.

Thanks Pai,

But i am afraid that securityAdministrators will not work with our application architecture. that user is only allowed to assign new password and restrict to other screens. Can we achieve this with any other way?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:lpthingworx)

In principle the AssignPassword is an Administrative function.

So if you have architectural limitations to have Administrative functions, then you probably have a rather complicated landscape that may go beyond just a simple community answer.

As a suggestion, perhaps you can approach PTC Global Services and get architect services from PTC GS.

Top Tags