cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Data form stored on the cloud with ThingWorx Composer

alexattia
1-Newbie

Data form stored on the cloud with ThingWorx Composer

Hello,

I am a new user of ThingWorx, and i would like to create a simple app before to use sensors for my university.

I would like to create form that people can fulfill and their data. Users can see the data of everybody and there is chart to summarize.

I have created a thing (generic template with 3 properties : 2 string and 1 number) related to a ValueStream (RemoteValueStream).

For my mashup, I have used 2 text-box and one numeric entry. Clicking on a button will SetProperties of the Thing. GetProperties is bounded to the textbox and the numeric entry (and a gauge for the numeric value).

I have also a chart bounded to QueryPropertyHistory.

But finally I have errors :

ERROR - Runtime exception handling data update for binding {"Id":"173b3fef-5d2f-

ERROR - Error in invoking service Things, QueryPropertyHistory, Things, Services, QueryPropertyHistory. Error from the server: "Unable to Invoke Service QueryPropertyHistory on *Thing* : *ValueStream* is not connected »

Do you know how I can solve this and realize my very simple app ?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:alexattia)

Hi,

Did you assign the value stream to the thing? Also, you should use a Thing Template if you want to use that template to assign to multiple things. For this case, i suggest you create a thing with 3 properties. After you create this thing along with the 3 properties, you should create a value stream that you will assign to the thing. The SetProperties and the GetProperties services you will use from your Thing in order to set and get the properties. The QueryPropertyHistory is a default service from the value stream.

Also, let me know your instance url so i can check the mashup that you did. After this i can offer more suggestions on how you can build your simple application.

Best regards,

Adrian

Hello,

I didn’t see your e-mail because of my spam filter. Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have assigned the value stream to the thing. This is my Thing.

Capture d’écran 2015-06-29 à 13.38.56.png

The CourseAndGradeStudent Value Stream has a RemoteValueStream template.

My Thing has 3 properties (two strings and one numeric).

How can I find the url of the instance so you can check up because you will need an username and a password ?

Regards,

Alexandre Attia

adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:alexattia)

Hi,

From the printscreen i can see you have assign a template to your thing, and that you've also tagged it. I can't see if you assign the ValueStream to this thing. The url of the instance you should see in your browser. You are accessing your Thingworx hosted instance with the help of the Launch Thingworx flag from the http://www.thingworx.com/academic-resources, right? When you do this, this opens the Thingworx platform in a browser of your choice(i suggest you use Google Chrome as an default browser). All I need is the link(url) in your browser.

Best regards,

Adrian

Top Tags