cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Link widget : Target Window : New window and Popup Window seems to be having the same display/Behaviour.

mapatil
6-Contributor

Link widget : Target Window : New window and Popup Window seems to be having the same display/Behaviour.

We are using Link widget in one of the apps .

The  property for the widget , Target Window : New window and Popup Window seems to be having the same display/Behaviour.

For both the options  new tab is opened.

We have a requirement to open in the url in a popup.

Is this a bug with link widget that popup also open in new tab.

Thanks

Manisha

4 REPLIES 4
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:mapatil)

Manisha, what version of ThingWorx are you using?

mapatil
6-Contributor
(To:Aanjan)

Hi,

We are using ThingWorx  6.5.6-b217 (with apache-tomcat-8.0.30).

Thanks.

visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:mapatil)

Hello Manisha,

"TargetWindow" option in the Link Widget works different than "TargetWindow" option in Navigation Widget.

Link Widget was never implemented to show a Popup on top of the current window similar to what Navigation Widget does. Link Widget will open a new window or a new tab depending on the browser configuration for "pop-ups".

For example, Internet Explorer offers the following 3 options:

1. Let IE decide how pop-ups should open

2. Always open pop-ups in a new window

3. Always open pop-ups in a new tab

Reason why this was implemented like this: loading the external URL from the Link Widget inside a pop-up window like the Navigation Widget would create a security issue.

However, as you mentioned, in the Link Widget, the options "TargetWindow = New Window" and "TargetWindow = Popup Window" have the same behavior. While we already know how "Popup Window" should behave, I agree with you that "New Window" shouldn't depend on the popup setting of the browser. If you would like to have this reported to R&D, please create a Case with Technical Support.

I hope it helps!

Vanessa

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:visla)

in my case popup window and new window having different behaviour. i dont know exactly why this happened

Top Tags