cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Get a list of all users.

dclayworth
1-Newbie

Get a list of all users.

Is there a service function to get a list of all users known to the system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because Users are just Entities of type "User" you can call the GetEntityList service in EntityServices with the 'type' argument set to "User"

I am not sure if a specific function exists for getting just users, but this should do the trick.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Because Users are just Entities of type "User" you can call the GetEntityList service in EntityServices with the 'type' argument set to "User"

I am not sure if a specific function exists for getting just users, but this should do the trick.

Apart from Thearon's suggestion, there is another service called 'GetActiveUsers' under Resources -> CurrentSessionInfo. This would only give you the current logged in/ active users though.

I believe the 'GetActiveUsers' service returns the list of users that have an active session (aka - are currently logged in to Thingworx) at time of invoking.

Definitely a cool feature if that is what you are looking for, but will give you inconsistent results if you are looking for an all-encompassing list of users.

Hi,

You can also use the GetGroupMembers service of the Users Group. Below is an example of a REST call in javascript

var params = {

headers: {'Accept':'application/json-compressed','Content-Type':'application/json'} /* JSON */,

password: password  /* STRING */,

url: instanceURL+"/Thingworx/Groups/Users/Services/GetGroupMembers" /* STRING */,

content: {} /* JSON */,

username: username /* STRING */,

};

// result: JSON

var usersJSON = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].PostJSON(params);

Veronica

Top Tags