cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ThingWorx7.0.war file deploy = tomcat fail

kturon
8-Gravel

ThingWorx7.0.war file deploy = tomcat fail

Hello I am so sorry If asking again, but I did not find any help. I an new in ThingWorx an I try to make my first installation.

By this Installing_ThingWorx_7.0.pdf reference guide I installed on Windows Server 2012:

apache-tomcat-8.0.30

jdk-8u72-windows-x64

postgresql-9.5.0-1-windows-x64

MED-61111-CD-070_F000_ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-7-0-0

Tomcat working until I try to deploy war file. Then I have error in stderr log and tomcat service fail.

If I delete \Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx folder and \Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx.war file then Tomcat service can start. What I am doing wrong? I am not sure if my work with json file and system variables is correct :-(

I will apreciate every help. Thx

19 REPLIES 19
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:kturon)

Karel, please do attach the catalina log from Tomcat install directory/logs folder. This is not a common error. Can you retry downloading the war file from the PTC support site and deploying that?

On a side note, your xms and xmx settigs are at 128m and 256m respectively. Based on your system specs, we would need to increase that as well to give Java more memory.

kturon
8-Gravel
(To:Aanjan)

Hello Aanjan,

I downloaded thingworx.war file again direct from ptc pages. But same result. After select war file to deploy tomcat create files in webapps and fall down. I am not sure how to increase memory. Please do you know what I am doing wrong? Log filder attached. Thx Karel

kturon
8-Gravel

One more information:

If I deploy older ThingWorx 6.6.2-b148 war file so that is working and I can log in. But with 7.0 tomcat stop.

kturon
8-Gravel

I tryed add this line to the end of your {CATALINA-HOME}/conf/logging.properties:

org.apache.jasper.level = FINE

And you can see catalina log attached.

Do you have any idea what is wrong please?

Aanjan
9-Granite

Karel, are you going from 6.5 neo to 7.0 Postgres? Can you try removing the ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage folders before retrying with 7? Also, you can copy/ paste your Thingworx.war file onto Tomcat_install-dir\webapps and then restart Tomcat for it to deploy. 

kturon
8-Gravel

Hello Aanjan,

I am trying to install clear Thingworx 7.0 Postgres. I make steps by Installing_ThingWorx_7.0.pdf guide. And I also try to deploy Thingworx.war file many ways but nothing working :-( So C:\ThingworxStorage and C:\ThingworxBackupStorage contain only list of empty folder is that correct to delete it?

kturon
8-Gravel

If I copy Thingworx.war file to tomcat webapps it will look like this false to start.

Aanjan
9-Granite

There are no Storage folders, correct? If you removed the storage folders and copied over this war file, a new set of storage folders should be created. Can you attach the ApplicationLog file found under ThingworxStorage\logs folder?

kturon
8-Gravel

If I removed folders and copy war file into tomcat\webapps then restart tomcat It wasnt createt again. Here is log from folders before you said to delete.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Karel, from the logs, it says 'System Ownership can not be acquired'. Can you check the permission levels on Tomcat and ThingworxPlatform folders? Since you are on Windows, to get to the permissions setting - right click the folder(s) -> Properties -> Security tab. Just to test, can you try giving them Full Control?

kturon
8-Gravel

Still does not working. It is impossible to install new clear app thingworx7.0 :-(

kturon
8-Gravel

Can you send me your thinfworx.war file version 7.0? If I deploy thingworx.war version 6.6 it is working. So Tomcat and server config must be good. I want try any other file to deploy in tomcat.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Would it be possible for you to create a support case through the PTC e-Support portal and let me know? We can take a deeper look as to what is going on.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Do you have access to the pgAdmin III tool? If so, when you expand the 'Server' section, do you see thingworx created under Databases and Tablespaces? Do they have an error check mark on them?

kturon
8-Gravel

Hi, If you check my first post in this conversation there is a capture od pgAdminnIII window. Do you mean that?

ssg1
1-Newbie

Hi,

Is the issue resolved? am also facing same issue for Thingworx 7.0 .

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs Error waiting for multi-thread deployment of WAR files to complete

java.lang.InterruptedException

PFA logs.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:ssg1)

Sugunasagar, from your logs, it looks like you are using x86 versions of both Java and Tomcat. Please switch to x64 bit versions of them and retry.

Hi

I have a related issue, Tomcat is working until I try to deploy war file I get web side error out of reach.

http://127.0.0.1:8080/manager/html/upload?org.apache.catalina.filters.CSRF_NONCE=921608739B92BE5AF822A6CA627A054C

Solved issue, Yeaaay. I was missing the Postgres installation. Thanks toAanjan Ravi for providing assistance.

Top Tags