cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

5.0 Issues with MailExtension

tmyers
1-Newbie

5.0 Issues with MailExtension

Hello,

I'm trying to import the MailExtension we got as part of the Thingworx Training into a 5.0 Thingworx install, and the import is succeeding but the thing is not showing up in the composer.  I get the following errors in the application log:

Unable to initialize shape for ThingPackage
    • Servlet execution threw an exception
Is there anything special I have to do to get this extension to work with 5.0?

Thanks,
Tim

4 REPLIES 4
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:tmyers)

Hi Tim,

Is this is a 5.0 build of the Mail extension? If not, you will need to download the latest release of the Mail extension which is available from the 

Downloads

page.

Thanks,

Adam

tmyers
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

Adam,

Downloading the Mail extension from the download page gets me a mail extension with a minimum Thingworx version of 4.0.  This newly downloaded extension also gives me the same error.  Is there a separate 5.0 Mail Extension that just hasn't been uploaded yet?  

Also is there a list of what breaking changes there are for extensions between 4.2 and 5.0?  Mail is the only one I've had issues with using the existing extensions I had installed previously.

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:tmyers)

Tim,

Provided you downloaded the Mail extension from the 5.0 Downloads page, you should have the 5.0 release of the Mail Extension (disregard the minimumThingWorxVersion). I was able to import the Mail extension successfully using Java 7 (1.7.0_55) and Tomcat (7.0.54). Please verify that you are meeting (and not exceeding) our system requirements (i.e. ThingWorx does not support Java 8 or Tomcat 8).

If you're still having issues, I'll setup a meeting to troubleshoot.

– Adam

elit
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

Was this resolved? I am having the same issue.

Thingworx version 4.2.0.41

Tomcat version 7.0.62

JVM version 1.7.0_79

Top Tags