cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Online Composer vs. local installation and Windchill (newbie questions)

garambasic
1-Newbie

Online Composer vs. local installation and Windchill (newbie questions)

hello,

I would like to connect a device and make updates to a Windchill instance via Thingworx. As a mechanical engineering student with little experience in webservices, I'm struggling with basic understanding of the Thingworx platform. So any clarification would be appreciated much.

My questions are:

1. Am i able to use all functions of Thingworx with the online Composer?

2. I have read that there is a Thingworx.war file in the download section. Since I can't find it there, I assume that i have no access rights so far(?)

What is the difference between installing Thingworx locally and the online Composer?

3. Can I import all data resulting from Thingworx in Windchill?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:garambasic)

Hello,

I will try and answer each question.

1) Yes, you can use all the ThingWorx features with the online Composer

2)  There is no difference between the locally installed version and the online one (at least not from the available features or functions);

3) You can import all the data that you collect in your cloud instance(online Composer) to Windchill.

Thank you,

Adrian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:garambasic)

Hello,

I will try and answer each question.

1) Yes, you can use all the ThingWorx features with the online Composer

2)  There is no difference between the locally installed version and the online one (at least not from the available features or functions);

3) You can import all the data that you collect in your cloud instance(online Composer) to Windchill.

Thank you,

Adrian

that helps

thank you for the reply Adrian

Top Tags