cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Adding Properties to Master Mashups ("Masters")?

chrish
1-Newbie

Adding Properties to Master Mashups ("Masters")?

I need to be able to pass inputs into a Master mashup; so that I can use them on the page dynamically. What's the process to do that in Composer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ibanham
1-Newbie
(To:chrish)

Hi

Slightly tricky as the Master usually acts as a container for multiple other mashups. I think you have two options...

1) All of your child mashups need to have the same collection of Mashup Parameters. When you define your master, set the default content to be one of these mashups, you should then be able to bind to the mashup parameters of the child mashup. The binding will still work even when you change child mashups as long as the new child mashup has the same parameters.

2) Use session parameters, you can extend these from the default Entity and ZoomLevel by adding a ThingShape containing the properties you require to the UserManagment SubSystem.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibanham
1-Newbie
(To:chrish)

Hi

Slightly tricky as the Master usually acts as a container for multiple other mashups. I think you have two options...

1) All of your child mashups need to have the same collection of Mashup Parameters. When you define your master, set the default content to be one of these mashups, you should then be able to bind to the mashup parameters of the child mashup. The binding will still work even when you change child mashups as long as the new child mashup has the same parameters.

2) Use session parameters, you can extend these from the default Entity and ZoomLevel by adding a ThingShape containing the properties you require to the UserManagment SubSystem.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

chrish
1-Newbie
(To:ibanham)

Session Parameter did the trick. Not as elegant as I'd hoped, but it worked.

Top Tags