cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Event communication between Parent and Contained mashup

vgala
1-Newbie

Event communication between Parent and Contained mashup

1. On service invoke complete of a service which lives in parent mashup how to invoke

a. Evaluate event of Expression.

b. ResetToDefaultValue for text box  etc

2. On True event of a validator within a contained mashup, how to invoke a service which lives in parent mashup.

Note : Parent mashup does not mean Master Mashup. Its just a mashup which has a contained mashup.

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:vgala)

From a Parent you can fire a 'RefreshRequested' into a contained mashup.

There isn't a direct way to do the same from a contained mashup to the parent, so a workaround needs to be used. Either use a mashup parameter that exists in both the Parent and Contained mashup and you connect those together. Then when you set the value in the Contained mashup, you can use the MashupParameterValueChanged Event in the parent to trigger something. Or do something similar but with Session Parameters, not sure if that works though (never had to try)

If you use PopUps, there is a 'OnPopUp Closed' Event that you can use, but that doesn't look like it will apply to what you are trying to do.

vgala
1-Newbie
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks Pai for taking time to reply on this thread. This definitely helped in arriving to a solution.

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

I'm passing Info Tables with data between a contained mashup and parent mashup.  I wanted to confirm I used this tip to find a solution as well.  Thanks!  

For my application, I'm passing Thing data out of contained mashup into a Data Export widget in parent mashup (for all intensive purposes, I don't want to show the Data Export widget in contained mashup). The issue with Info Table mashup parameters is that you have to designate a Data Shape for it. 

For me, the Data Shape of the contained mashup output Info Table will vary.  So I just set the parameter DataShape to one of the expected ones, and it seems to have worked.  The parameter was only being used as an event trigger anyway.  Had to write a custom service to return the contained mashup info table since export widget seems to require a service to give it data.  

Wanted to share in case someone else is working on a similar solution.

what if I need to have any event in the master itself, from any contained mashup related changes.

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Top Tags