cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Navigation widget

melisb
5-Regular Member

Navigation widget

Hi,

I am trying  to use the navigation widget and the mashup name is provided dynamically. As a result, the mashup parameter doesn’t appear in the navigation widget’s properties.

In such a case, how mashup’s parameter can be transferred?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use one of the already existing mashup that you service returns or a "template"/"boiler plate" one which has the desired paramaters to bind. Then you assign this Template to the Navigator widget, yes you bind it the result of the service but also you set the MashupName to this "template", when you assign this Template you will get the Template's parameters on the Navigator widget, this way you will be able to bind data to that paramteres.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You need to use a boilerplate Mashup with the desired "standard" parameters, and set it to it.

melisb
5-Regular Member
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi,

Thank you for your response, could you please elaborate? The mashup name is returned from a service, how the navigation to this mashup with the parameters should be done?

Thanks

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:melisb)

Melis, does this service just return a Mashup name? If it does, you can just bind the output of that service directly onto the Navigation widget's 'MashupName' property.

melisb
5-Regular Member
(To:Aanjan)

Yes, it returns only a mashup name and I'm binding it to the the widget. My problem is that the returned mashups from the service have mashup parameters and I can't transfer values to these parameters (through the navigation widget).

You can use one of the already existing mashup that you service returns or a "template"/"boiler plate" one which has the desired paramaters to bind. Then you assign this Template to the Navigator widget, yes you bind it the result of the service but also you set the MashupName to this "template", when you assign this Template you will get the Template's parameters on the Navigator widget, this way you will be able to bind data to that paramteres.

melisb
5-Regular Member
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles,

Thank you very much for your help. It worked.

Melis

Top Tags