cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Container Mashup Refresh event does not fire

satish
1-Newbie

Container Mashup Refresh event does not fire

Hi,

In a mashup, I have a tree and container mashup. On selectedRowchanged event, I am passing mashup name from tree to container mashup. Basically I want to load different mashup or refresh same mashup when parent node or child node is selected. Also I want to refresh same mashup when different node but at same depth level is selected. The refresh event is associated with selectedRowChanged event of service that populates the tree.

My problem is that refresh event gets fired only when node at different level in tree is selected. If I select same level different node, then it does not get fired. Any idea how to solve this?

Regards

Satish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paic
1-Newbie
(To:satish)

There is a method for this.

1. Make sure your mashup parameter name is the same for all contained mashups

2. Define one of them as the initial mashup in the Contained mashup area within your main mashup

3. Bind to the mashup parameter.

this binding will now work for any contained mashup that you load in. This way you can not only dynamically set the Contained mashup but also pass in parameter values.

The extreme use case would be to use Session Parameters to achieve this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
paic
1-Newbie

Temporarily add a grid with the same data as the tree, this way you can verify that the Selected Row is actually changing.

If that is the case, then perhaps there is some bug and I would recommend submitting your mashup and case to support.ptc.com

satish
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thanks Pai for the response.

I added both grid and tree in same Mashup and associated same service All Data to both widgets. I can see the selected row changing in both widgets tree & grid. But I want to refresh the mashup in mashup container when selected row is changed in a tree. I am passing mashup name to container. The mashup refreshes only if it is different mashup name for each node in tree. Ideally if a selected Row is changed, then event must trigger refresh event of mashup container even if same mashup name is passed. I tested in version 4 as well. it does not work. Is there workaround because I will have to change whole design.

paic
1-Newbie

Sorry I must have read the description wrong, I thought you were passing in the SelectedRow Changed event to the Mashup Container Refresh event.

The other thought is that if you are assigning a selection to the mashup container, aren't you passing in a selected row 'value' to a mashup parameter within the mashup container? if so you can use the Mashup Parameter changed event that comes with a mashup parameter, within the Mashup that you are displaying in the mashup container.

satish
1-Newbie

I am passing mashup name from a selected row to default "name" property of container mashup.  Then also attached SelectedRow changed event to Refresh event of container mashup. Refresh event fires only if it is different value in selected row.

My scenario is that I have 3 mashups for all values at each branch level. So when I select different value at same branch level, then mashup value is same. Though mashup value is same, I have selected different row which should trigger refresh event of container mashup

At design time, there is no mashup assigned to container mashup because I am loading different mashup based on a selected row dynamically at run time, there is no way I can use mashup parameters as well. is not it?

paic
1-Newbie

There is a method for this.

1. Make sure your mashup parameter name is the same for all contained mashups

2. Define one of them as the initial mashup in the Contained mashup area within your main mashup

3. Bind to the mashup parameter.

this binding will now work for any contained mashup that you load in. This way you can not only dynamically set the Contained mashup but also pass in parameter values.

The extreme use case would be to use Session Parameters to achieve this.

satish
1-Newbie

Thanks Pai. Excellent. it works.

Top Tags