cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem in Gauge widget while creating mash up.

preddy-2
1-Newbie

Problem in Gauge widget while creating mash up.

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple mash up containing List box and 2 Gauges.

Things are loaded to the List on mash up load. On selection of particular thing, I want to display one thing property in gauge.

I bound the thing property to the Gauge as per my need.  But in mash up view, not able to find indicator needle? Screen shot is shown below?

Is there any setting need to be set? I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:preddy-2)

Hi Praveen, I recommend you take the Thingworx Fundamentals course, which covers these types of questions.

You actually will want to use the SelectedRow changed of the data Source that provides the Data to the List widget.

All selection is tracked in the data sources vs. in the widgets.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite

Praveen, can you try binding the property to a value display widget too? That would tell us what property value got passed through.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

This looks like a binding's issue.

Check if the selection is being fed to the Property Retrieval Entity/Service

check if the service that retrieves the property value is actually being triggered by an event.

Hi Ravi, Hi Pai Chung,

Thank you for your reply.

I added valuedisplay widget and given same binding that of gauge, to check value passed to the gauge. Nothing is displayed in display widget too.

Then found that, list item 'select event' is not bound to 'GetProperties' of Thing. I found only double click event for ListSelection. (No Single click event)

After binding 'DoubleClickEvent' to 'GetProperties', then it works. Screen shot is given below.

Please let me know, is this correct way of doing (or) any other better way?

With B/R,

Praveen.B

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Hi Praveen, I recommend you take the Thingworx Fundamentals course, which covers these types of questions.

You actually will want to use the SelectedRow changed of the data Source that provides the Data to the List widget.

All selection is tracked in the data sources vs. in the widgets.

Hi Pai,

Thank you for the input.

I could do in the way you suggested and it is working now.

With B/R,

Pravin.B

Top Tags