cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Virtual Things unsing Java Edge SDK: Composer and Value Stream issues

trauhut
1-Newbie

Virtual Things unsing Java Edge SDK: Composer and Value Stream issues

Hello Community,

last week i started working with TWX Java Edge SDK. I tried this Steam Sensor Example with virtual things.

If you cannot see any unbound thing, although there is an active websocket you might have tried some Steam Sensor Example with C# SDK...

By doing so you might have created a gatewaything wich is blocking your new virtual thing -> destroy the old old one or rename in you Java progamm...

To fix the issue of values of a connected remote thing not updating you have to make some changes in your properties (cloud):

Remote Thing -> Properties -> Remote Property -> Cach Options:

Read from Server Cach --> Fached from Remote every Read

Unfortunately i guess its not working fine with Composer 5...

Right now you can see your updated values. With composer 6.5 its working fine.

Generally sometimes updating values freezes my composer. I don't know why...

My next step was to log the transmitted data in my cloud.

With Composer 5 this is a problem, because data of virtual things are not logged directly...

So you have to push updating every time... maybe there is also a better solution?

One big issue right now is that data is not logged synchronously so that some properties are updated erlier than others.

This means that in foraxample a grid my data does not fit to each other.

Do you have a solution for this?

If i have to solve this by using Java SDK without Virtual Things i dont know how to do this right now...

2 REPLIES 2

With ThingWorx 5, if you're trying to create time series data, you will need to create a Stream to put the data into and create some form of subscription service to put the values into the stream. ValueStreams and automated logging didn't come along until ThingWorx 6 (I think). There's a full set of exercises for creating a stream in the Intro Course Videos.

Your property settings - what are the annotations you have used to set up your properties in the Java application? Setting the platform to read from remote isn't the most efficient way to work.

One question... why are you working with both ThingWorx 5 and 6.5? ThingWorx 5 is about two years old now...

Regards

Ian

We got ThingWorx 5 at the end of last year... I dont know why

But we also have 6.5 right now for some tests.

Top Tags