cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Get Template alerts

jmay1
5-Regular Member

Get Template alerts

I'm looking for a service that returns the alerts by template. For Example, the AlertFunctions resource has a QueryAlertSummary. But this lists the alerts by Thing. If I have 2500 instances of a Template, I want to only see 1 row per alert, not 2500 rows.

Is there a service that does this?

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jmay1)

Jenna, I don't believe we have a service that gets alerts at a Template level. While services like GetAlertSummary is based on Templates, it won't run at a Template level. You would have to run it a the Thing level.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you just wanted to return a Status - a Device based on this Template has an Alert, you still will have to do a 'get alerts' on all Entities first, but your service can then examine the returned information and create a true/false response or something like that, or a count etc.

So you get one single result back.

jmay1
5-Regular Member

Sorry when I say alerts, I mean alert definitions. The alerts defined on the template. I don't want a history of alerts. I just want to see that this property has an alert defined and what is the criteria for that alert, etc... Does that make sense?

I need a mashup that allows the user to create, disable/enable and delete alerts. I want them to be able to view all alerts defined for all device types. And add alerts by template or thing.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can use GetAlertDefinitions and GetAlertDefinition on a ThingTemplate and AddOrUpdateAlert and RemoveAlert

jmay1
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Is there a service that does not require a property name parameter? I would like see all alert definitions for all properties of a template.

Top Tags