cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

The SDK location does not include the Thingworx SDK

paripirala
1-Newbie

The SDK location does not include the Thingworx SDK

Hi,

We are using ThingWorx 7.0.0 version. Trying to create extension in Java using the Java SDK.

We downloaded 2 files 1. TW_Download_Java_SDK.zip and 2. MED-61061-CD-055_M020_ThingWorx-Java-SDK-6-0-0-189.zip

We did not find the Java SDK for version 7.0.0.

Question 1) where to find the Java SDK for version 7.0.0.?

Question 2) When we used the above mentioned zip files when creating ThingWorx project in Eclipse (Mars), we are unable to create it. It says "The SDK location does not include the Thingworx SDK.".

Thanks

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pavan, the download is located under Download Center -> Order or Download Software Updates -> ThingWorx Platform -> 7.0.

Here is a link to a Knowledge Base article which expands on this.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

The Eclipse Plugin wants the Extension SDK....not the Java SDK.

The Extension SDK can be found on the PTC support site(support.ptc.com).

brue
1-Newbie
(To:brue)

It can be found under Software Downloads:

Thingworx Platform

Release 7.0

ThingWorx Extensions SDK

Thanks Brian for the response.

I am following this document:

"ThingWorx Extension

Development Guide Version 3.1 February 2016"

I have got the Eclipse plugin. It is installed. No issues there.

What I am facing issue is the next step where we create ThingWorx project. What I am looking for is "ThingWorx-Extension-SDK-[version]-latest.zip"

Version is 7.0.0 for us.

I could not find the 7.0.0 version of SDK that they are talking about in the document.

Thanks

PavanScreen Shot 2016-03-17 at 11.24.16 AM.png

For the Extension development, 'Thingworx-Extension-SDK-7-0-0.zip file should be used at this step. You can download the file from PTC downloads-> Thingworx Platform -> Release 7.0

Just an FYI, the java SDK you are trying to import is for Edge development.

Thanks Giri for clarification.

I am not able to locate PTC downloads-> Thingworx Platform -> Release 7.0

Please see attached image... I tried navigating to highlighted links. Could you please help locate it?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 8.44.16 AM.png

Pavan, the download is located under Download Center -> Order or Download Software Updates -> ThingWorx Platform -> 7.0.

Here is a link to a Knowledge Base article which expands on this.

Thanks Ravi. I was able to download the software and create a ThingWorx project.

brue
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

A quick update to this question...

The Extension SDK is now available on the ThingWorx Marketplace! Here's a link directly to it: http://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/Extension%20SDK

...if that doesn't work you can simply search for "Extension SDK" or find it under "Development Tools"

Top Tags