cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Ignore X-Frame-Options header from 3rd party application

vdevarakonda
1-Newbie

Ignore X-Frame-Options header from 3rd party application

Hi,

I am very new to Thingworx and I am trying following:

1. I have created "Mashup1" with "Navigation" widget.

. For the "Navigation" widget, I set the

MashupName (property) --> "Mashup2".

2. I have created a second mashup "Mashup2" with "web frame" widget.

.For the "web frame" widget, I set the

url (property) --> 3rd party application url

When I run this, I get "Mashup1"  and on click of "navigation button", I see the second "Mashup2", but the "3rd party application url" is not loading within "web frame" widget.

The error I see is,

Refused to display <3rd party app url> in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

Is there any way, where I can omit or ignore the response headers in a "web frame" widget?  Or, is there any way I can access some "web frame widget url" load event or something else, where I can delete the response header 'X-Frame-Options' from my 3rd party app response?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Web frame widget uses HTML iframe. Some sites do not allow getting opened with in the frame.

You can think of using link widget for your purpose.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Hi Praveen,

Link widget seems to work fine, but it's like opening 3rd party app in another window.

For our requirement, we have to open 3rd party app in a iFrame window and we should be able to pass some data/context back and forth from the parent window to the iFrame and iFrame to parent window.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Vasanthi

Hi Vasanthi,

I don't think so (and I didn't find a way also), we can fit 3rd party app in iframe if provider is not allowing.

I think it is better to approach provider itself to find a way for that, if they are reachable.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Top Tags