cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problems connecting Intel Galileo Gen 2

vmihai
1-Newbie

Problems connecting Intel Galileo Gen 2

Hi

This is Rahul, I am trying to learn using Thingworx Platform.But I am facing problem connecting Intel Galileo Gen 2 to your platform .

I have followed the path that you have mentioned in the developer zone,but i am not able to run using winscp

It seems that some steps are missing in the process.

Can you provide me the any guide or guidance in this context.

Thank You

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned and nicely explained in this article (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18960689/ubuntu-says-bash-program-permission-denied)

you need to use this command chmod u+x program_name. Then execute it.

if you are using Debian then you have to install libmraa too after this to make program work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vmihai
1-Newbie
(To:vmihai)

Hi Rahul,

Have you connected your Intel Galileo to the Internet ? In order to connect to it using WinSCP you need to have an IP address for it.

You would also need to use a ssh client like Putty to be able to run your agent on the Intel Galileo Board.

There are also some connectivity settings to be done in the agent. Can you list the steps that you followed for setting up the project ?

Thank you,

Veronica

rdholi
1-Newbie
(To:vmihai)

Step6.png

Yes I have connected Intel Galileo Gen 2 to the Internet via ethernet cable.I got IP address using PUTTY(operating in serial mode then "ifconfig" in command window ,I have used baud rate as 115200).I also tried getting IP address via this code:

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

system("ifconfig > dev/ttyGS0");

sleep(10);

}

Both worked and gave same IP address.

(I have followed the steps given on the Thingworx website)

After that for copying files to Galileo I used Winscp l ,I configured following setting -File protocol-SCP ,HOST NAME-<IP address>,Username-root.

Then after logging in ,inside home folder I created  a directory for the app named TWC_Agent.Copied files to to it from Install directory of TWC files(downloaded from thingworx website)

Next step-

In putty I used connection type as SSH,HOST NAME -<IP address>, port -22 and opened the connection

then after logging in as root

then I tried running :-    root@<ip address>

it replied command not found

then I tried ssh root@<ip address>

It came to next line after some processing after this I tried to go into the directory where the files were copied by  "cd TWC_Agent"

The on next line when I gave command to run agent as " ./twc_agent"     to which it replied permission denied.

I have attached the image where i am facing problem.

I don't know where i have gone wrong.

As mentioned and nicely explained in this article (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18960689/ubuntu-says-bash-program-permission-denied)

you need to use this command chmod u+x program_name. Then execute it.

if you are using Debian then you have to install libmraa too after this to make program work.

Top Tags