cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

I am unable to bind remote properties to cloud.

dbhadsange
1-Newbie

I am unable to bind remote properties to cloud.

​I am doing project on Intel Galileo and using C SDK. I am trying to do weather app. But i am unable to send my data to cloud . I try to manage binding but it gives error as "Error browsing properties. Be sure the remote device/server is connected and configured properly".

I am using TWX agent and i dont know is it working or not ? Posting photos of serial monitor .

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Dnyaneshwar,

It seems that the ThingWorx API has not properly established the connection... How have you connected your Intel Galileo to the internet ? Is your network using a proxy ? This might cause the connection to ThingWorx to fail.

Veronica

I am using ethernet cable from router to connect Galileo to internet . I dont know about proxy network .

I had this issue, the C Edge SDK not connecting to ThingWorx  in my office network because websocket requests were blocked.

Please check the answer to this post and see if it solves your problem.

https://community.thingworx.com/message/42976?et=watches.email.thread#42976 

Thank you,

Veronica

When i tried to connect at home , i was able to see output in composer. But in my college , i am unable to establish connection to cloud. I think college uses proxy servers . How can i overcome this problem as i have to show my project in college ??

Hi Dnyaneswar,

You would need to talk with your university network to have simple websockets enabled. Another solution would be to request that your TWX instance be upgraded to https with ThingWorx 6.6. This will prevent the websocket request from being blocked in your university network.

To request an upgrade please send us an email at this address iot-academicsupport@ptc.com.

Thank you,

Veronica

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dbhadsange)

In the modeled RemoteThing in the Thingworx platform, do you see isConnected as being True?

Next you would have to check and see if you declared the properties properly in the Agent so that you can browse them.

When you look at your debug or console for the Agent, does it seem to say that it is sending Property Values?

I do not see anything when i try to bind remote thing . It gives error .

Is there a specific error message? As Pai stated, is the isConnected property set to True under your Remote Thing's properties? When you run the sim, do you see any Remote Things show up in the unbound tab?

I am uploading screenshot of error . I think problem is with proxy servers of college . How can solve this ??errorr.png

If you are sure that the university uses a proxy server the C SDK does support connecting through a proxy. You need to get the host and port of the proxy server (and if the proxy server requires you to use a username/password). Before you connect (but after you call twApi_Initialize) you need to call

int twApi_SetProxyInfo(char * proxyHost, uint16_t proxyPort, char * proxyUser, char * proxyPass);

The SteamSensor examples have this code in there, except that the line to add the proxy info is commented out.

Top Tags