cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Programatically control the Grid coloumn title

kramesh
1-Newbie

Programatically control the Grid coloumn title

Hello,

I would like to know if with Thingworx 7.0 ...we are able to control the title of a grid coloumn. The coloumn needs to display a new title based on a user selection in the same mashup.

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:kramesh)

Karthik, I don't believe that is possible, as you would still need to configure the grid columns in the Mashup. Do you have a specific scenario in mind? We can try using a different method, or even a different widget.

Aanjan, I'm displaying a infotable in a grid. There are some time period selections coming out of a radio button in the same mashup.  Based on state selection in the radio button...i would like the grid to display different grid coloumn titles for the same infotable it is displaying.

Please suggest any other way to get this done or a different widget.

Aanjan
9-Granite

We have a Data Filter widget that works based on queries to return data, but that would sift through your existing data, find matches and display those rows only. That won't work in your scenario as you would want to display entire columns. The only way I can think of that can work in your case is to dynamically bind the data section of the grid, so that a new infotable (created/ existing table queried) is displayed when the radio button selection is made.

kramesh
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan, querying the datatable based on state selection is handled by my java script currently. I'm asking for a way to control the title on grid coloumns when different data sets are displayed as a result of radio button selection. If grid is not the widget to use , then what is?. and what other ways can i get to what i'm asking here.

Aanjan
9-Granite

That's the limitation here - the titles cannot be changed at runtime. What you can do is display a whole different infotable altogether. If you are looking to display just one column, you can use something like a list widget and display that column. As for the title, you can use a label widget at the top to change the title based on what is displaying in the list.

Top Tags