cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

An error occurred while registering resources

paripirala
1-Newbie

An error occurred while registering resources

Hi,

We have installed 7.0.0 version of ThingWorx. We have setup corresponding tomcat and postgres locally on our mac book.

We wanted to use extensions. We have followed the instructions in the ThingWorx extension development guide 3.1 to install the eclipse plugin. We have written the Authentication extension. Used the ant file build-extensions.xml to create the extension zip file.

When we upload the file into ThingWorx composer, we got an error saying "not enough permission to create directory extensions under tomcat home/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF'. We resolved this by giving write permissions on that folder for everyone.

Then when we import the zip file we get this error "An error occurred while registering resources". There is no other relevant error messages in any logs - from the composer UI and from the logs directory in tomcat.

Could you please provide any direction on this error? We are stuck at this point.

Thanks

Pavan

8 REPLIES 8

Some logs

Starting entity import of /ThingworxStorage/extensions/temp/ThingWorxSecurityExt_13eefbc2-fd0c-4c79-ae6c-7bda117db8ac/ThingWorxSecurityExt/metadata.xml

Successfully added for import /ThingworxStorage/extensions/temp/ThingWorxSecurityExt_13eefbc2-fd0c-4c79-ae6c-7bda117db8ac/ThingWorxSecurityExt/metadata.xml

Export file missing version information.  No migration will be performed.

Unable to delete GEThingWorxSecurityExt:1.0.0. This is likely due to other errors: ERROR - un-installing Extension Package: GEThingWorxSecurityExt

Unable to delete Extension: [GEThingWorxSecurityExt] ERROR - un-installing Extension Package: GEThingWorxSecurityExt

ERROR - un-installing Extension Package: GEThingWorxSecurityExt

Thanks

Pavan

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? such as enabling verbose logging or database tables to look at?

Thanks

Pavan

Pavan, do you already have an older version of the extension, or any conflicting extension imported in the platform? Can you retry after removing that from the platform?

Thanks Ravi for the response. The very first time I tried to import the extension, It gave me error stating

that the user does not have permission to /webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF. I have given 775 permission to that folder.

Then I tried importing the extension. It said it was successful. Then I go to manage link and it is there but I cannot see it under "Composer -> Authenticators" (This is an Authenticator Extension). Then I restarted the tomcat. Went back to Manage link and it does not show up there. So I re-import it and thats when I see the error "An error occurred while registering resources". I have included the logs above.

Could you please tell me if there any other way to troubleshoot this?

If you look under Import/Export menu -> Manage Extensions, do you see any extensions imported?

*Edit*

Can you try deleting that and re-importing the extension?

Ravi,

When I delete from "Import/Export menu -> Manage Extensions", it threw error that it cannot uninstall the extension. Probably because it was not imported at all. So I restarted the tomcat and it went away from Import/Export menu -> Manage Extensions.

*edit*

Here is the error

"ERROR - un-installing Extension Package: ThingWorxSecurityExt"

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@1aaba051][message: Unable to Invoke Service DeleteExtensionPackage on PlatformSubsystem : ERROR - un-installing Extension Package: ThingWorxSecurityExt]

Attached screenshot

Thanks

Pavan

Ravi,

I uploaded the same extension into hosted version @ http://ge2-6151.cloud.thingworx.com/Thingworx/Composer/index.html;  There is uploaded without issue. However the issue there is that I cannot enable it.

Thanks

Pavan

To give more information.

When we import the extension into ThingWorx, the table 'authenticator_model' is not being populated. We cannot find the reason for this. If anyone could please let us know how to turn on debugging this that would help.

Thanks

Top Tags