cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ThingWorx Display and InfoTable Limit to 500

athounaojamamar
3-Visitor

ThingWorx Display and InfoTable Limit to 500

Hello,

I have the following Observasions:

Observasion 1:

​ThingWorx not able to dispay more than 500 records or items (or Things) in the composer. Below image shows the display limit upto 500 Things only although there is more than 500 Things in the server:

500 Thing Limit.png

Observasion 2:

​This Limit to 500 records applies to Infotable too. InfoTable not able to store more than 500 rows. For example following code should return 1000+ results as there are more than 1000 things created from "VMList" Thing Template.

But returns only "500"

var params = {

maxItems: undefined,

nameMask: undefined,

query: undefined,

thingTemplate: 'VMList',

tags: undefined

};

var vmList = Resources["SearchFunctions"].SearchThingsByTemplate(params);// storing list of all the Thing Create using  "VMList" Thing Template

var result= vmList.rows.length;//Pringting no of rows of the infotable

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I display more than 500 Items in the thingworx composer?

2. Is infotable able to handle more than 500 rows? If yes how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. I don't know, but I don't think so. You will need to build a mashup if you want to get more.

2. Yes, maxItems by default it's 500 ( hardcoded somewhere behind the scenes ), that's the reason you get only 500, just set maxItems to 1000000 and you will get it all.

Carles.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

1. I don't know, but I don't think so. You will need to build a mashup if you want to get more.

2. Yes, maxItems by default it's 500 ( hardcoded somewhere behind the scenes ), that's the reason you get only 500, just set maxItems to 1000000 and you will get it all.

Carles.

Thanks,

# 2. works

But for # 1 only 500.

A pagination feature in the composer will be nice.

I think there's no way around the 500 item limit in the composer (consider the performance impact in an environment with hundreds of thousands of entities). Instead, you can use the filter and tags to find the entities you're looking for.

Yes, there will be performence impact if we allow large no of item to be displayed. However I feel that performence related considerations can be leave top the application developer (more flexibility to what they can do).

Even after after applying filter my use case shows more than 500+ items (items are named like thing1,thing2...)

so I can see only 500 thing in the composer at a time.

So I think Pagination will address the issue of performence while allowing any number of item to be shown page by page.

Top Tags