cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creating Groups in ThingWorx using Java SDK

marineau
1-Newbie

Creating Groups in ThingWorx using Java SDK

Hey IoT Community,

Currently I'm trying to use the Java SDK to create a group inside the ThingWorx platform. My attempts have yet to be successful. I was doing some reading in the documentation and it mentions the use of the class VirtualThing. Is it possible to create groups using VirtualThing? or is there another way that groups can be created? any information on this would be greatly appreciated

Use Case:

- Trying to create a new group in ThingWorx when my custom authenticator is being accessed

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paic
1-Newbie
(To:marineau)

Once the EMS is successfully connected, depending on the permission settings, all of the REST API is accessible, so you can use services in the model to create the group.

BEST PRACTICE!!!: Create a Service ahead of time that the EMS is allowed to invoke, which will do what is required. Do NOT allow your EMS to invoke actual Entity Services!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
paic
1-Newbie
(To:marineau)

Once the EMS is successfully connected, depending on the permission settings, all of the REST API is accessible, so you can use services in the model to create the group.

BEST PRACTICE!!!: Create a Service ahead of time that the EMS is allowed to invoke, which will do what is required. Do NOT allow your EMS to invoke actual Entity Services!!!

marineau
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thank you for your input this was quite helpful!

Top Tags