cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Error while importing the Entities.

adityaku
1-Newbie

Error while importing the Entities.

Hi,

When we are importing the Entities.xml file we are getting the below error: The version of Thingworx is 6.6.5-b473

Thanks,

Aditya Kumar

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Earlier we were working on 6.5.o version and exported the entities from this version and we are importing it to the Thingworx is 6.6.5-b473

Thanks,

Aditya Kumar

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:adityaku)

Aditya, can you paste the error message here? The image link you've attached seems to be broken.

Error Importing: error,Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence

We are getting the above error

posipova
20-Turquoise

Aditya, while we are waiting for the image to be re-attached, a couple of things to ensure: the list of extensions in 6.6 is matching the original in 6.5; encoding is set to UTF-8; proper persistence provider is selected.

How to set encoding  to UTF-8 ?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Add -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 property to JAVA_OPTS Java options for tomcat

Workaround for already exported file

• Open the xml in notepad
  • No extra space should be there at the beginning and end of the document
  • Select File -> Save As
  • Select save as type -> All files
  • Enter file name as abcd.xml
  • Select Encoding as UTF-8 -> Click Save

Hi,

I am attaching my entities files. In this file i checked the space at the begining and end.

entity is already set to UTF-8.

Please help me if i have to do something else for consuming this entity as it is giving the same error:

Error Importing: error,Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence

Thanks,

Aditya Kumar

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

Aanjan
9-Granite

Aditya, if it doesn't import after adding the UTF-8 flag in Tomcat, you would probably need to change the encoding in the XML to a different one based on the characters being used. Do you have, or know of, any specific international character(s) in the export?

Top Tags