cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem in adding rows into infotable.

preddy-2
1-Newbie

Problem in adding rows into infotable.

Hello all,

I am fetching data through REST API and trying to display that data in grid. REST transaction is successful and I could get the data.

But, when I try to push the data into infotable, it is not successful.

Testing the service will show only columns, doesn't show any rows. Below is the source code of the service.

Any help is appreciated in this.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

var restParams = {

proxyScheme: undefined /* STRING */,

headers: undefined /* JSON */,

ignoreSSLErrors: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

useNTLM: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

workstation: undefined /* STRING */,

useProxy: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

withCookies: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

proxyHost: undefined /* STRING */,

url: "http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20rss%20where%20url='http://rss.people.com/web/people/rss/topheadlines/index.xml'%20limit%203&format=json" /* STRING */,

content: undefined /* JSON */,

timeout: undefined /* NUMBER */,

proxyPort: undefined /* INTEGER */,

password: undefined /* STRING */,

domain: undefined /* STRING */,

username: undefined /* STRING */

};

// result: JSON

var jsonResult = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].PostJSON(restParams);

var myItems= jsonResult["query"].results.item;

var Infoparams = {

infoTableName : "InfoTable",

dataShapeName : "RestExample"

};

// CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(infoTableName:STRING("InfoTable"), dataShapeName:STRING):INFOTABLE(RestExample)

var MyInfoTable = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(Infoparams);

function ProcessElements(element, index, array)

{

var row = new Object();

row.author = element.author;

row.category = element.category;

MyInfoTable.AddRow(row);

}

myItems.forEach( ProcessElements);

var result = MyInfoTable

12 REPLIES 12

"Testing the service will show only columns, doesn't show any rows." 

I tested your code and I can see two rows with data  authors -"Nick Maslow, @nickmaslow", "03/29/2016 10:00AM" and categories - "Music News, Britney Spears", "Movie News, Christian Bale" respectively. 

Hi Gautham,

Thanks for your response.

It is strange that, it is not working for me. I am using cloud instance of ThingWorx 6. Which version you are using?

I am just getting columns with no rows added to it.Am I missing something?

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Hello Praveen,

I am also using ThingWorx 6. All I did is, Copied your code to a new service and created a data shape "RestExample" with fields "author" , "category"(base type - String). This is the result I got.

Untitled.png

Thanks for your response gautham.

I am still facing this issue. Can anyone has any guess what could be the issue?

With B/R,

Praveen

Hi

Working for me too from the UK. Does the URL return data if you just put it in a browser?

In the browser, I found it easier to read the raw data by changing it to XML format - http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20rss%20where%20url=%27http://rss.people.com/web/people/rss…

Note that not all entries have category and author - you might be being unlucky and pulling back three results with blanks for both. I've just increased the limit to 10 on my instance and only 4 have authors and 6 have categories....

Regards

Ian

Hi lan,

URL returns proper data in browser. If I return these two fields as a String from service, it works.

If I create infotable with those data, it returns empty.

With B/R,

Praveen

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:preddy-2)

Praveen, you might've checked this already, but are there any messages getting logged in the Application log or the Script log?

Hi Ravi, didn't find any application/script log errors relevant to this execution.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:preddy-2)

Praveen, this might be a long shot but in your DataShape RestExample, are the properties in CamelCase? If so, try deleting them and create two new properties called 'author' and 'category', and retry your script.

Hi Ravi, You are right. Thank you very much.

After changing the field names, it works.  Do we have such restriction in datashape field names?

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Hi

No restriction on case usage, but your code and the DataShape need to match exactly. In general ThingWorx is case sensitive. In your code when you are populating the datatable you are referencing the columns defined in the DataShape

var row = new Object();

row.author = element.author;

row.category = element.category;

The bits in bold are the column names from the datashape and must match otherwise no data is added to the InfoTable.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian, Got it.Thank you.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Top Tags