cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pass a paremeter of a row to a filter

fgache
1-Newbie

Pass a paremeter of a row to a filter

Hello everybody.

I am currently filtering a stream of data with the "data filter widget".

Here is my mashup.

The upper part presents the list of my sensors, given by the service "get data table entries" in a grid.

Below is the data filter widget where i need to enter the name of the sensor (device id) i am interested in (7427C in the example).

The curve is based on a stream, whose measures are selected thanks to the data filter (if i had written 7428D in my filter, i would have had a completely other curve based on that sensor).

That mashup is not very easy to use because i need to enter the name of the sensor to make the filter.

I want that the selection of a row in the upper grid gives the information of the selected devide (device id) automatically to a filter, to make it more easy to use. Is there a way to customize a filter just by clicking on a row ?

Thanks in advance for your help and your time.

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:fgache)

This is covered in Thingworx Fundamentals and I highly recommend you go through that.

You can pass selected Entity using Selected Row of the datasource.

Since you are using a data filter I think you are already using QueryDataTableEntries so you can use that selected row 'Name' or 'Entity' and bind that to the Query Parameters of that Query.

Actually, i cannot pass the "device id" that simply.

I am using a "get data table entries" service for a table. When i try to pass the parameter on the filter, i can only bind it to "visible" :

So i cannot use your solution.

Maybe i did not understand something about what to do ?

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hi, I think you can bind directly the "GetDataTableEntries / Returned Data / Selected Row(s) / [device id] or [device name]" to the parameter of the service binded to the chart, or to a service which takes the deviceid as parameter and returns the stream after filtering the data.

fgache
1-Newbie
(To:qngo)

I cannot bind the device id to the service "query stream entries with data". I don't know why but no data binding except the one linked to the data filter is listed. And for the data filter, i am forced to type the name of the device each time i open the mashup.

When you recommend using a service that takes device id as a parameter, do you have one specific in mind ? I could not find any that can address my problem.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

QueryStreamEntriesWithData has a parameter called Source - bind directly to the parameter.

I can't stress enough that I HIGHLY recommend Thingworx Fundamentals, it can be taken online as self-paced Web Based Training (WBT), Virtually assisted with an online instructor (VIAT) or as a live class.

Top Tags