cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

working with dynamic data shape with char-bar

aharari-2
1-Newbie

working with dynamic data shape with char-bar

hi,

i have data shape that contains one date field and between 1 to 8 numeric fields ,the number of numeric fields depends on the specific user,

i want to show this data on a bar chart so that date will be the x-axis and the numeric fields will be on the y axis' .i bind the infotable fields to the bar chart. my problem is that even if a field is removed from the info table by a service  its still on the small window at the right of the bar chart that display the name of the fields, any ideas?!. for example in the following image i want to somehow remove val4 . it is there even though the infotable that fill the bar chart dont have val4 field

example 1.png

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:aharari-2)

Time Series charts could do this for you by returning the data without a datashape and putting a check in ShowAllColumns.

However you lose a lot of flexibility and no selected row.

otherwise with a bit of extra work, you can use contained mashups to switch out to the specific proper mashup, that would mean 8 contained mashups though if you can have 1-8 series displayed.

thank you for the answer, i cant seem to find the ShowAllColumns check box in time series chart  are you sure it is there?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:aharari-2)

Whoops that is for a Grid

I'm sorry, a TimeSeries chart has the ability to Auto configure itself based on a dataset.

it will find the first DateTime field and automatically use that for the X axis and any numerical value series will show in the Y axis

Top Tags