cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Google Map Widget not working - SteamSensorWithFileTransfer

rhodson
1-Newbie

Google Map Widget not working - SteamSensorWithFileTransfer

Using ThingWorx 6.6

I have a remote device running the SteamSensorWithFileTransfer example code.

I can verify that the device connects and transmits location information - I can see the location being sent from a trace on the device, and if I use a table or label widget I see the values correctly appear.

From Trace

BaseType:    STRING  Value: Location Length: 8

BaseType:   VARIANT  Value:    BaseType:  LOCATION   Value: Long: 43.213502, Lat: -77.842957, Elev: 0.000000

BaseType:  DATETIME  Value: 85294362

BaseType:    STRING  Value: GOOD     Length: 4

( The location is from the hardcoded example ) I slightly tweaked how the location changes per sample, as the default example was getting out of bounds very quickly. So my values change every sample but only a little.

The problem is that the Google Map Extension I installed doesn't seem to display the location correctly.

Here is a screen shot - as you can see the location appears in Antarctica- but if you look closely you can see my Lat and Lon are no where near there.

I based my google map widget settings off the tutorial - so I have ShowSelection Marker checked and my Location is linked to the SelectedLocation data item in the widget

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

If I search in Google maps with the co-ordinates shown as location in your grid, it goes to the same location in Antarctica.

If I reverse the co-ordinates, I end up near Rochester NY.....

Regards

Ian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

If I search in Google maps with the co-ordinates shown as location in your grid, it goes to the same location in Antarctica.

If I reverse the co-ordinates, I end up near Rochester NY.....

Regards

Ian

I missed that - thank you. Of course it was something simple.

I double checked and the bug is in the example src for the c-sdk

properties.Location.longitude = 43.221462;
properties.Location.latitude = -77.850917;

Is there a preferred method to report defects back to ThingWorx, I have found a handful sofar

Top Tags