cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How can we use "In memory offline queuing" with Java SDK?

???-31
1-Newbie

How can we use "In memory offline queuing" with Java SDK?

Hi, all

I saw some document and it said that EMS, C and .Net has persistent offline queuing feature, and Java doesn't.

On the other hand, Java (and most of SDKs?) has in-memory offline queuing, it said.

Is it implemented as a builtin feature, or should we implement own codes to to that?

What is the best way to queue the value of properties while offline and send them at once after a re-connection?

Regards,

S.Yamabe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:???-31)

駿介 山辺,

An offline message store for the Java SDK is targeted for Java SDK version 6.1.0. This version will be released some time in Q4, July-September. It is not recommended to use in-memory offline queuing with the Java SDK because, if the device is queuing up a large amount of property values while the device is offline the memory on that device will more than likely be maxed out.

If you can wait for the offline message store to be implemented, I would wait.

Regards,

Meghan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

駿介 山辺,

An offline message store for the Java SDK is targeted for Java SDK version 6.1.0. This version will be released some time in Q4, July-September. It is not recommended to use in-memory offline queuing with the Java SDK because, if the device is queuing up a large amount of property values while the device is offline the memory on that device will more than likely be maxed out.

If you can wait for the offline message store to be implemented, I would wait.

Regards,

Meghan

Hey Meghan,

6.1 version was released if I am not wrong. Is there Offline Message Storage implemented there?

I could not find anything in release notes...

Best Regards,

Adam

???-31
1-Newbie

Meghan,

Thank you.I just wanted to know whether this feature is available or not.

Probably I can wait for offline message store to be implemented.

Regards,

S.Yamabe

Top Tags