cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

virtualthing setProperty issue of not updating properties on the Platform

ravila
1-Newbie

virtualthing setProperty issue of not updating properties on the Platform

private static int pushuploadfile( SGIThing sgiThing, Map<String, String> aI ) {

try {

for (Map.Entry<String, String> entry : aI.entrySet()) {

sgiThing.setProperty( entry.getKey(), entry.getValue() );\

//  Thread.sleep(250);

}

sgiThing.updateSubscribedProperties(5000);

} catch (Exception e) {

Log(LogName+": Error in property processing"+e.getMessage());

}

return 0;

}

I have 17 unique entries in the Map ( thingshape). About half the time, none of the 17 properties get updated on the platform, even though

i think I have my platform and ems properties in sync.  The properties are only updated once every 24hrs. Even the very first time this code

is executed at ems start up, i don't see any properties set on the platform.  If I uncomment the Thread.sleep(250) the properties are updated on

platform correctly all the time and more importantly the very first time.

Is there some setting in the ems or platform I can use such that the sleep can be removed, or is there a queue adjustment to be made or ...

and if so how/where/what/when?

1 REPLY 1
ravila
1-Newbie
(To:ravila)

here is an example of my ems settings,

@ThingworxPropertyDefinitions(

properties = {

@ThingworxPropertyDefinition(name = "Hostname", description = "", category = "", baseType = "STRING", aspects = {"dataChangeType:VALUE","dataChangeThreshold:0","isPersistent:false","isReadOnly:false","pushType:VALUE","cacheTime:0"}),

platform, partial thingshape template,

Hostname, remote, string, no default value, Persistent and read only not checked, logged is checked, data change type = value,

Remote Prop Name = Hostname, Cache Options = read from server cache, Push Type = pushed based on value changed,

Push Threshold = 0, timeout = use system default, When Disconnected = fold, no alerts.

Top Tags