cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Organization login

gsee
1-Newbie

Organization login

I've created a new organization, mashup, and form login. However, when I go to the page <server name>/Thingworx/FormLogin/NewOrganization and log in as any user within that organization, I get a blank page at http://<server name>/Thingworx/action-login​. I've tried adding the new mashup as the home for the individual users and adjusting the visibility settings, but I haven't been able to find a solution to this. Any help would be great, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:gsee)

Once the login stalls at the action-login page, can you try going to Thingworx/Composer/index.html in a new tab? Do you have to re-authenticate or does it load? Just to check, you are testing these on a private/ incognito window, so that the sessions are different, right?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Aanjan
9-Granite

Gloria, what version of ThingWorx are you using? You should be forwarded to the set homepage via the action-login. Do you have a default Home Mashup set at the Organization level? Can you try again after setting one?

gsee
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi Aanjan,

I'm using 6.6. Under the Organization General Information, I have set the TestOrganizationMashup as the home mashup. That was the first configuration that I tried, but I've yet to have anything show up after the login portal.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Once the login stalls at the action-login page, can you try going to Thingworx/Composer/index.html in a new tab? Do you have to re-authenticate or does it load? Just to check, you are testing these on a private/ incognito window, so that the sessions are different, right?

gsee
1-Newbie

I'm doing all the new organization testing in an incognito window.

I had something new happen this time... 

Status message: Could not load "NewOrganizationMashup". Reason: 404 - Entity Not Found : [NewOrganizationMashup]

When I went to the composer index, I was asked to accept the license agreement, and then the composer loaded, but with no entities/organizations/users visible anywhere, including the mashups that are set to be home mashups and visible to the test user (set by the Admin user).

Aanjan
9-Granite

That message would indicate that the user does not have visibility permissions to access that Mashup. Retry after giving visibility permissions to that specific user directly.

gsee
1-Newbie

Thanks, that worked when I added the User to the Run Time permissions, but not when I had added the User's Organization to the visibility permissions. I can only add organizations, not users or groups to visibility. Will I need to do this manually for each user with access to the organization's mashup?

Aanjan
9-Granite

Gloria, you can use User Groups instead; in that way you can categorize and assign users into different groups, and apply the overall runtime permissions on a group level.

gsee
1-Newbie

Thanks for the help. I also realized that since I'm using a distinct master for this organization, I needed to set visibility permissions for both the master and the mashup for it to load correctly.

Top Tags