cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

I have started the ThingWorks prepared exercises, Instruction about an Android Mashup. The installation on Android Phone went fine, but the Import of the MashUp fails. The file name downloaded is not the same as written in the PDF-Guide: TWXAndroidApp_Ent

gchristensen
1-Newbie

I have started the ThingWorks prepared exercises, Instruction about an Android Mashup. The installation on Android Phone went fine, but the Import of the MashUp fails. The file name downloaded is not the same as written in the PDF-Guide: TWXAndroidApp_Ent

I just wonder why a user-community have to answer this type of question. I have no confort in sending student into this type of trouble.

the author. ass. professor Georg K. Christensen, DTU

9 REPLIES 9

Hello Mr. Professor,

I have seen the image with the error you are receiving :

Import_error.jpg

Please create a Model Tag named AndroidApp in the Applications Vocabulary.

To do this search for the Applications Vocabulary in the SearchSpotlight, open it in edit mode and then click add manage terms:

2016-04-12_1446.png

Add a new term called AndroidApp. This should fix the error you are seeing when importing the file. Please import again and let me know if the problem was fixed.

There is indeed a mismatch between the name of the file in the pdf instructions and the actual xml file in the archive. Thank you for pointing that out. We will have it updated. But the xml document to import is the correct one.

Thank you,

Veronica

Hello Veronica

Yes, this helps, I got the MashUp running, but I had to follow the procedure to create two missing tags.

However I don't succeed to send data from my mobile. I wonder if the IP-address of the application is the same as in the instructions. 054.165.197.172 which is the value I get when I enter: ping thingworx-academic-staff.ptcmscloud.com or is my application not the same?  Thank you.

Greetings Georg

Hello Georg,

You need to ping your academic instance :

dtudk.cloud.thingworx.com.

Let me know if you run into other connectivity problems after you update the instance IP.

Thank you,

Veronica

hello Veronica

OK, I got this, 54.175.198.214 .  But on the phone I get: No data is currently sent to TWX.  and Connection error, check IP, Thing Name or App Key.

I just wonder: is the Port nr. included in 54.175.198.214 and can I leave the heading 0 and write 54 and not 054.

Greetings Georg

Hello Georg,

You can put the IP address as is without any heading 0.

Have you first used the Android Mashup that you imported to create a Thing with the IMEI value displayed on your mobile app ? This step is described at step 3 at page 7 in the instructions document.

If you have already done this can you please also double check that the App Key that you filled in on your mobile app is the exact one displayed in the Android Mashup ?

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Veronica

Hello again Veronica

I stiil can't seem to get this going. I have checked my phone for the Device IMEI, the IP and Port and the App Key. I attach a "little dark" picture of my Phone App. Maybe you can see an error - but I can't find any. I have also checked the Android MashUp and can re-find the information there. in the Android Key and Android Device. So I'm a little stuck.

Greetings Georg Thing_worx_app.jpg

Hi Georg,

You have followed all the steps correctly. The connection settings seem to be correct... but there is an authentication error in the logs :

Can you make sure there is no trailing space at the end of the appKey value ? You could also try creating a new Application Key on ThingWorx for your logged in user and using its value for the connection settings on your mobile app. I recommend sending it by email to your phone and copy and pasting it in your mobile app connection settings.

Thank you,

Veronica

Hi, sorry for late reply.
But if you are running developer edition , you could see your IP address inside your developer portal

I have worked with android mashup.The mashup is working but in smartphone it is throwing IP error .I can't get the output.

Top Tags