cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

REST API with appKey is not working in Chrome incognito mode

adityaku
1-Newbie

REST API with appKey is not working in Chrome incognito mode

Hi,

I am trying to call a mashup using REST API by giving Application key but it is not working in chrome incognito mode.

When I am entering the URL in incognito window its showing Pop-up window asking for the Username and Password that is not required because I am passing Application Key to bypass that security check. In the popup which is coming up we are not passing the username and password simply we are clicking the login button and mashup is opening. We don't want the popup to be opened asking for username and password.

Following is the syntax for the REST API call I am using:

http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/Mashups/MashupName?appKey=9eb5f9d7-fb84-4026-a85a-98abc11dcea9&x-thingworx-session=true

Thanks,

Aditya Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

Hey,

Do you have a home mashup assigned on the configuration of the user for which you created the appKey ?

I run into this issue once and I just removed the home mashup for that user and it didn't request for login anymore.

Thanks,

Veronica

Hi,

There is no home mashup assigned in the configuration of the mashup as well as in configuration of the the user.

Thanks,

Aditya Kumar

Hello
Did you fix this problem?
I am having a similar problem with you.
After you force Chrome to quit on mobile, when you access Chrome again, you'll see a sign-in pop-up.
The first time you access via url, the login credentials pop-up will not appear.
However, even though I accessed the Mashup using the AppKey, when I access in after Chrome has finished, a login prompt pops up.
Chrome's URL is still the mashup address that contains the appkey.
The URL format is:
"http: // <serverIP: ServerPort> /Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?appKey= <appKey> & x-thingworx-session = true # mashup = <MashupName>

Top Tags