cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to check what events are fired.

preddy-2
1-Newbie

How to check what events are fired.

Hello All,

Is there any way to check what and all events are fired in ThingWorx for particular user work flow.

Example: Most of the data services have 'all data changed' event. I like to see whether that event is fired correctly or not. Similarly button clicks.

Can we these details in Logs?

Thank you.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:preddy-2)

Client side All Data Change event is a very 'rare' event.

That fires when the DataShape of the information that comes back is different from before.

On the client side, you can check by tying it to a Status Message, you can't really see any event fire because they won't be fired unless they are bound to some service.

Similar to the Server side, Events don't fire, unless there is a tie-in into a subscription. So again to see Events like, ThingStart, DataChange, AnyAlert etc etc. you need to do a subscription and have it either do a log statement or something else to see them fire.

To know all the events, I recommend checking the online documentation.

Hi Pai,

Thank you for the info.I am interested only the event which are used.

Suppose server side events like Timer and Auto Refresh, while debugging, it would be useful to see when events are fired.

Currently I subscribed to timer event and logging it. Thought of knowing if any better way available.

Thank you.

With B/R,

Praveen.B

Top Tags