cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

problem while running LUA EMS on Raspberry pi for fetching data over UDP.

spandey1
1-Newbie

problem while running LUA EMS on Raspberry pi for fetching data over UDP.

Hi

We are facing problem while running LUA EMS on Raspberry pi for fetching data over UDP.

#Error cannot open shared object file core.so: No such file or directory,

But core.so is present under community\clibs\socket directory.

Whether any prerequisites needs to be installed for running LUA EMS on RPI.

9 REPLIES 9
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:spandey1)

Sandeep, are you following any specific guide? What version of the EMS are you using? We do have different flavors of linux builds like ARM, ARM-hwfpu available.

gouimette
5-Regular Member
(To:Aanjan)

Hello Aanjan,

Can you please direct me to the Lua Guide you refer to above ("specific guide")?

Best,

Gates

Gates, I wanted to check if Sandeep was following any guide or material to run the LUA on the pi. One place we have documentation about Lua and the Lua script resource is at the Edge Help Center.

gouimette
5-Regular Member

Outstanding Aanjan, thank you!

Now, one more question: why would someone use Lua Script instead of RESTful APIs?  I'm not sure I'm even phrasing the question right but this did come up on a partner call this morning.

Best,

Gates

Gates,

I would think that you would still need some kind of scripting language to wire your logic together.

Gates, it would depend on their use case or what they are pretty much trying to do. If you look at the EMS or Lua output, you can see that the EMS actually makes REST calls to the platform; it's just that lua gets pushed to the platform via REST calls. For example, if you want Modbus functionality/ connectivity, you would need to use lua to script your logic.

gouimette
5-Regular Member

Thank you Aanjan...last question, I hope.  Re:the Modbus functionality, wouldn't I use Kepware for that?

Gates

You can use Kepware as well. But I believe you would still need the EMS/LSR combo to connect that to the platform. I've not tested that personally, but the Mod_RSsim I use to simulate values (or connect to a PLC device) works the same way.

gouimette
5-Regular Member

Thank you!

Top Tags