cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

raspberry pi connect

masif
1-Newbie

raspberry pi connect

Hi,

I am using demo version of Thingworx to connect my Raspberry pi to view OBD diagnostics. I successfully connected pi few times and downloaded the agent into it. When ever I try to connect, it always prompt error "Yoo cannot connect more tahn 5 device. please delete the device and try again"

I am not sure either ThingWorx keep record of pi MAC address or store IP address to check multiple connectivity.

I did try with another pi with different MAC address, showing same error.

Please help to out to connect my device with platform.

Thanks ...

9 REPLIES 9
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:masif)

Muhammad, did you successively try to connect? You might have multiple active sessions.

masif
1-Newbie

No, I reinstall my raspberry pi OS and relevant software's but still I am getting same error.. "You cannot have more than 5 devices. Please delete a device and try again!"

I search this specific error in existing community but no relevant information is available

Can you please suggest me possible reasons and way to remove this error ?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Asif

Aanjan
9-Granite

Have you tried deleting your existing Remote Things on the platform and then creating a new one to connect?

masif
1-Newbie

I tried but failed to navigate forward because when I try to connect APP OR Device tutorial, this error appears...and I cannot proceed forward ...

Thanks

Aanjan
9-Granite

Muhammad, by connect, I meant logging into your ThingWorx platform/ server and then deleting your Remote Things.

masif
1-Newbie

Hi Support Team,

Thanks for your support. I refresh everything (Pi OS/Software) and follow the example for Pi at followoing link:

Connect | ThingWorx

I am remotely connected to pi using putty at my desktop PC. AT my desktop, platform shows me successful connectivity to pi but unable to show/get "LightSTatus" and "LightLocation" property values on platform.

Do I need some special modifications in source file index.js files (example-3) OR Do i need to connect Pi directly. (Not connecting remotely using Desktop PC) ?

Looking forward your feedback.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Are there any error messages on the logs? Did you remotely bind those properties?

masif
1-Newbie

Hi Aanjan,

Thanks for all your support and guidance to demonstrate GPS location and Light Value on Mashups and ultimately values are on platform. Now the problems are:

1: When I navigate to next page for "enhance", link always fail to demonstrate "This site can’t be reached". It seems like trial that demo account users cannot access more pages. AM I correct ?

2. Currently, using example-3, containing node.js source code. I want to map real values instead of dummy values. In fact I want to get real values of GPS and OBD-II connector from car and map them on agent so that real values should be displayed.

Looking forward your feedback.

Asif

Aanjan
9-Granite

Muhammad, I would need to check on first section regarding limitations. Where does it navigate or gets redirected to? For that second point, since you are using a simulator to generate values, that would be your actual limitation. We have SDKs and EMS-es that you can use to leverage your connection(s).

Top Tags