cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Sending emails in 7.0

byutz
1-Newbie

Sending emails in 7.0

I am having issues with the mail server in the new 7.0 version of Thingworx.  I imported my mail thing, and it has all the same settings, but it keeps trying to send an email out of port 25(not the port I have in my settings) and fails every time.  Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:byutz)

Brian, have you created a new ThingTemplate based on the MailThing template and working based off that?

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Yes, I tried creating a new thing, based on the mail server thing template, and have it set up exactly like I do on my 6.5 Thingworx server.  I also imported my mail thing from my other server, and it had the same exact issue.  Here is the error I get:

Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on MailNew : Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 25

Settings:

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:byutz)

Brian, what is the configuration on that Thing? I created a MailThingTemplate based on the default MailServer and created a Thing based on my custom MailThingTemplate. I set the SMTP port as 80 on my Template and 8080 on my Thing. Now, if I tried sending a message from my Thing, it did take the port (8080) that I set on my Thing.

hlee1
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi,

it happens same to me

I guess probably it's for SSL. the other MailServerThing with other mail server configuration without SSL, it succeeded

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:hlee1)

Thanks for the info!  I have a support ticket filled out with Tech Support, and it seems like there is a bug in version 7.0 that is causing trouble.  They are currently working on it and I will post when it is resolved.

I am facing the same issue in version 8.0.

I am getting following error 

"Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on testmailservice : Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465"

I also follow following article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS200624

and also observe the following link

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS236135#_ga=2.222019935.670795354.1521605203-1278769153.1521605203

but still, the issue is not resolved.

then I try to execute the same service on the online thingworx platform and I received following error.

Error executing service

"Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on mymailservice : Send failure (javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465 (java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out))"

Top Tags