cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Novice question - More than one Thing

gseq
2-Guest

Novice question - More than one Thing

I'm able to connect a single Thing(Edge) to Thingworx..which works ok.

It is a Thing which is based of a ThingTemplate, which is based of a RemoteThing.

What I'm trying to figure out is how my Edge gets associated with the Thing I created. I got another similar Edge online, with a different Application Key, and it started interfering with the first Edge on ThingWorx.

Any insight into this.Also .. do I need a different application key for each Edge I add?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:gseq)

Gerard, you can use the 'autobind' property in the config.json to automatically bind to a specific Thing. You can also modify the config.lua and set identifiers (you would need to run the luaScriptResource for this), so that they would be unique. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aanjan
9-Granite

Gerard, you can use the 'autobind' property in the config.json to automatically bind to a specific Thing. You can also modify the config.lua and set identifiers (you would need to run the luaScriptResource for this), so that they would be unique. 

gseq
2-Guest
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan.. I'm using the C-SDK. I believe you are talking about the EMS?

gseq
2-Guest

I think I figured it out. There are bind API's in the CSDK. Let me check and get back.

gseq
2-Guest

Replying to complete the loop.

It is the Thingname in the SteamSensor example. Got it to talk after I changed it.

Top Tags