cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

problem with time series chart

aharari-2
1-Newbie

problem with time series chart

Hi all,

i read in this forum that time series chart can find the first date time column and put it as the x axis,

but for some reason it's doesn't do this trick for me., any ideas??

in the following example both the grid and the chart get the same inputtime series.png

7 REPLIES 7

Amir, does the XAxisFormat setting on the TimeSeries Chart match the Timestamps you're providing it?

thanks for the answer aanjan,yes it is matched, maybe you have any other idea?

dmcclelland
5-Regular Member
(To:aharari-2)

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of the property settings for the chart.

Does the chart display properly if you select all series/x-axis in properties?

Does your chart use-case prevent doing that ahead of time?

thank you Mac,

i didn't fully understand the fields you are referring to , i attached a screenshot of the time property time series printscreen.png

Amir, do you have valid data bound? If you look at XAxisField, it seems to be blank. With correct data, you would get a drop down with fields like 'timestamp' that you can choose for X-axis.

TimeSeries.png

yes the problem is that the result info-table is dynamic so i cant create a static data shape.

but i heard that time series chart can find the first column  date-time column and use it as the x axis parameter

How dynamic is your result set?  Does it change every time?  If not, there really is no reason why you can't create a static datashape which contains all the possible attributes that might be returned.  TWX will take care of populating the correct columns with the returned data and that way you can ensure the timeseries chart is aware of the datashape and has access to the timestamp attribute across the x-axis.

Top Tags