cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Grid won't be editable

???-31
1-Newbie

Grid won't be editable

Following procedure does not work...

1) Put the grid on the mashup.

2) Set "IsEditable" property true.

3) Bound "All Data" from "XXXThingTemplate#GetImplementingThingsWithData".

4) Open the Widget Config window of the grid.

5) Check "Editable" for each property.

6) Save & View Mashup.

All of the columns are still Read-Only.

(, while Property Value widget works well..)

Are there any thing yet to be done?

Version 6.5.8 b-4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:mheger)

Matthias, can you try using a Number instead of Integer? It looks like don't support those basetypes; I'll file an enhancement Jira to support all basetypes in a future release.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:???-31)

You are saying that the Grid is not showing the cells as Editable, or you can't do an Edit and Save the changes?

I mean the grid is not showing the cells as Editable.

Completely the same appearance as the non-editable grid.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:???-31)

Do you have ShowAllColumns checked? Can you try displaying only the columns you've set as editable?

mheger
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

I have a similiar situation and noticed that only columns of type "string" appear to be editable? Might is be true? I do have a lot of columns of type Integer and HTML which I would like to have editable if possible.

Maybe any thoughts on that one?

Aanjan
9-Granite

Matthias, can you try using a Number instead of Integer? It looks like don't support those basetypes; I'll file an enhancement Jira to support all basetypes in a future release.

mheger
1-Newbie

Hi Aanjan,

thanks for the quick reply. Indeed with a number it works. Is there somewhere a documentation which base types are supported and which not?

Also do you have any idea if there is a way to provide the user with some help in inserting "obscure" characters. We currently look at a way to provide a more simplified user interface for a specific use case by using a mashup (instead of our "fat application") and one part would be to enter stuff like greek characters and similar.

cheers,

matt

Aanjan
9-Granite

As long as the '-Dfile.encoding' flag is set on Tomcat, you should be able to render any character(s), I believe. With that set, a Textbox might still be useful to enter said characters. And regarding the documentation part, it looks like we don't have any, unfortunately. The Number basetype was something I tried out, hence I suggested it.

mheger
1-Newbie

Thanks. Your quick feedback is very much appreciated!

Top Tags