cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Whitespace is not permitted in entity names

mbereket
3-Visitor

Whitespace is not permitted in entity names

Hi All,

So, I am trying to create a subscription to a mail server thing in a very simple way, I literally do the same thing in PTC.Precision University videos.

But unfortunately it doesnt even let me save my subscription due to an error called: Whitespace is not permitted in entity names

So I was wondering what it could be and how can I fix it.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
lwei
1-Newbie
(To:mbereket)

Well, as it said. I think that it means you can't have white space when you save a entity name.

Just like if I type _aaa (_ means white space) it appears:

Name is a required field and uniquely identifies the property, service, or event within the entity you are editing. You cannot include spaces, special characters (you can use hyphens and underscores), or leading numbers (you can use numbers within or at the end of the name). Names are case-sensitive.

Hope this solves your question.

mbereket
3-Visitor
(To:lwei)

Well I get that, the message is pretty obvious but I dont see any white space or specific character in my entity,

I have seen this happen with copy and paste before.  Sometimes whitespace characters get included in the copy and when pasted, they don't appear to be there, but still are when saving.  Not sure if you are copying and pasting into the field or not, but in case you haven't tried already - make sure you actually type in the name.

Since this appears to be such a simple problem, but is more than likely not, maybe a screenshot would help us help you better?

Top Tags