cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

UserExtensions properties - username of logged in user is blank?

pburgwardt
1-Newbie

UserExtensions properties - username of logged in user is blank?

Workflow:

1. Log into the Composer (using a valid user, such as Administrator)
  2. Load mashup with the "name" property of "UserExtensions" bound to a text label.  Picture below for reference of "name" property.
    mashup.pnguserextensions.png
  3. Click "View Mashup" and I can see the bound label to "name" is blank:
    rt1.png
  4. Click "Reload" and the label is populated with the "name":
    rt2.png
  5. Now if I click refresh on my browser it's blank...
    rt3.png

---

Is there any way I could get the "name" property without having to go through the Composer?  If someone wants to view the mashup externally (direct link to mashup and logging in through the browser authentication popup) then the label is blank.  Curious to know what options exist out there to get the "name" property to persist and work correctly.

4 REPLIES 4

Paul, this is a known internal issue, and we have devs working on it. This was primarily related to IE only though; the user extension properties worked fine on Firefox/ Chrome. What browser are you using?

I am currently experiencing this issue with Chome, Safari, FireFox on my mac machine.  Can the current effort to resolve be updated to verify correct functionality in other browsers?

I'll go ahead and make a note of that on the internal ticket. On a side note, can you try using the ValueDisplay widget instead of Label widget? Does that make any difference on Firefox/ Chrome?

Unfortunately, using the Value Display widget did not aid in any way.  I get the same result...

Top Tags