cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How can i store system configuration in thingworx

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

How can i store system configuration in thingworx

Hi All,

we have development, staging, production environments. we want to store some environment specific values in each systems.

we can't do that in any custom entity since after deployment on each environments, we have to manually again edit in each environment according to target environment.

we want to configure once and don't want that to be disturbed after each deployment. Please help to achieve this scenario.

5 REPLIES 5

You can have just a ConfigurationHelper Thing which doesn't gets exported/imported when you migrate entitites

are you suggesting to create a custom entity based on "GenericThing" Template but not to  include it in export/import?

Yup. You should Tag all the entities with a special Tag in order to detect import/export entities.

Thanks for suggestion . That also should suffice. I will check with our team on this and update in this thread.

I would additionally recommend using a tagged ThingShape to assign properties and services to your Config.

You can export/import the ThingShape to add properties and update services, but the values stored on the Config won't be modified when importing the ThingShape.

Top Tags