cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

communication between mashup and master

kyetzer
10-Marble

communication between mashup and master

I have a master that contains a grid, slider and dropdown.   I have a mashup that consists of a bar graph.  I can click on individual bars and have the graph drill down to another level (retrieves new data and shows another bar graph).  So the level number ranges from 1 to x.  Upon this action (clicking on a bar) I need the slider and dropdown to update to what the current drill down level is.  On the flip side when the user selects a new value from the dropdown or the slider I need the graph to update itself to that selected level.    The problem I am having is I do not know how to implement this without using session variables and getting myself stuck into an infinite loop (by using the change event on a session variable).

-Ken

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:kyetzer)

Ken, have you tried using Contained Mashups and Mashup parameters? You can bind your output to a Mashup Parameter in the Contained Mashup (that has your bar chart) and then bind that Mashup Parameter back into your primary Mashup (that has the grid, slider and dropdown).

kyetzer
10-Marble
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan,

Thanks for the Info I will give it a shot.

-Ken

kyetzer
10-Marble

Aanjan,

Just out of curiosity is there any way to easily duplicate all the logic in a master and place it into a regular mashup (i.e., duplicate a master but save it as a regular mashup)?

-Ken

Aanjan
9-Granite

It is technically a regular Mashup with the Master layout. If you to the 'Workspace' tab, you can see how it is structured and where your widgets are placed.

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:Aanjan)

Hello, using Mashup Pameter is possible if the primary Mashup is not a Master Mashup. It's not possible to add a mashup parameter for a Master mashup that doesn't have the option "Configure Mashup Parameters". Is this a bug ?

Top Tags