cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

installing thingowrx 6.5 - HTTP Status 500 Java null pointer exception

mpagliotta
1-Newbie

installing thingowrx 6.5 - HTTP Status 500 Java null pointer exception

Hello,

i tried to install Thingworx 6.5 on Windows 10 with Java 1.8 and Apache Tomcat 8.0 following the Guide.

I add the code in java tab of configuration window Tomcat:

-Dserver -Dd64

-XX:+UseNUMA

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

and delete memory pool

I replace HTTP 1.1 with protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" in server.xml file (conf folder) at line 69

<Connector port="8080" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443" />

After move thingworx.war file in webapps folder i saw in manager app web page thingworx:

Schermata 2016-05-10 alle 12.57.57.png

I got this error:

address. http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/

Schermata 2016-05-10 alle 12.55.57.png

i tried also to stop and start the apache tomcat with no results.

Why?

Thanks

Marco

10 REPLIES 10

Marco, please do post your Application log from ThingworxStorage/logs and Catalina logs from Tomcat_install_path/logs folder.

Here the logs.

Thanks

From the Application log, it looks like this could either be an issue with database setup or related to permissions, as the error message states 'Acquisition Attempt Failed'. If this is a clean system, would you be able to run the 'thingworxPostgresDBCleanup' script, and then uninstall Postgres 9.5, install Postgres 9.4 and retry the installation?

before installing this thingworx version i removePostreSQL and now is not installed. (I tried the installation neo4j following the installation 6.5 guide.

I wll try to run DBCleanup.

I deleted everything of PostgreSQL 9.5, install PostgreSQL 9.4 , using DBCleanuo bat file (but it does not find anithing to clean)

, delete browser cache, restart Tomcat, restart Windows and again tomcat, i have again the same error.

I do not find out any other solution.

Br

Thnaks

dmoon
5-Regular Member
(To:mpagliotta)

Have you undeployed the ThingWorx from tomcat, restarted tomcat and deployed a new neo4j ThingWorx again? And I also recommend you to set heap sizes for the tomcat.

-XX:PermSize=128m

-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

Daniel

I undeployed, stop service

added

-XX:PermSize=128m

-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

Schermata 2016-05-11 alle 00.43.55.png

i started service

i copy thingworx.war file in webapps

Schermata 2016-05-11 alle 00.46.35.png

i click start

Schermata 2016-05-11 alle 00.46.55.png

but again i have the same error.

dmoon
5-Regular Member
(To:mpagliotta)

Do not copy the thingworx.war file directly into the webapps folder, but deploy thru manager app of the tomcat.

i tried from here:

Schermata 2016-05-11 alle 00.58.18.png

stop the service

restart the service

again the same error

Schermata 2016-05-11 alle 00.59.49.png

I resolve the errow show up because i uplpad the wrong thingworx.war file (the postresql thingworx.war)

Top Tags