cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to display road route on google map widget?

rmiller-9
5-Regular Member

How to display road route on google map widget?

I have a datatable containing customers and their locations.  This is bound to a google widget and the locations all show up fine.  However, when I select 'show route' as TRUE, i just get straight lines between the points.  How do I get the google map widget to show a routing along roads between the points?  Should work, maybe something is out of sorts with the widget?

Message was edited by: Polina Osipova

2 REPLIES 2

Hello, so ShowRoute isn't actually supposed to be a tool for navigation, which doesn't currently exist at all in this widget. ShowRoute is supposed to show the locations over time so you can track things. I am not sure exactly why they are appearing as straight lines, but I do know that this isn't the purpose of ShowRoute. Because the locations aren't actually related to one person traversing a route, then that is probably why it appears funky.

If you think that ThingWorx should add navigation route functionality to the widget or if you want a real explanation of what you're seeing, I'd try opening a case and attaching an entity export for review.

Hope this helps!

Tpro

rmiller-9
5-Regular Member
(To:ttielebein)

Thanks Tori.  That helps.  The scenario is that we're following a delivery truck with its various systems reporting. This would be applicable to a lot of scenarios and I'll pursue the addition of routing info for the widget.

Rob

Top Tags