cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do I combine 3 edge clients, all with different attributes and make it look like one complex remote thing on the server side?

jwilson-2
1-Newbie

How do I combine 3 edge clients, all with different attributes and make it look like one complex remote thing on the server side?

How do I combine 3 edge clients, all with different attributes and make it look like one complex remote thing on the server side?  Basically, The thing template on the server has 3 individual remote clients populating the instances (things) of the template.

I need one complex thing that is made of multiple individual remote things.

4 REPLIES 4

Just create a another thing (Local Thing) based on the Template and bind the RemoteThings properties locally to the newly created merged thing.

Each of the remote things have their own template.  For instance TT_1, TT_2, and TT_3,  then 3 remote things Thing1, Thing2, Thing3.  I would like to have a Parent_Thing which is made up of all attributes and values that are Thing1, Thing2, and Thing3 but I don't believe I can have multiple inheritance there the Parent_ThingTemplate inherits all attributes from TT_1, TT_2, and TT_3.  Atleast with what I am aware of.

You can map fields for TT_1, TT_2 and TT_3 on a ThingShape, then you will be able to inherit the "same" field names on the TT_1 and on the Parent_Thing.

Then, as said, you can bind locally the TT_1.property1 to Parent_Thing.property1

danme
5-Regular Member
(To:jwilson-2)

You can create data change subscriptions on all of your clients data and push it to a parent on "data change". You will need to set up the parent template or thing manually though, since there are different templates involved.

Top Tags