cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Configuration Tables and Password Basetypes

marineau
1-Newbie

Configuration Tables and Password Basetypes

Hey IoT friends,

I'm currently developing an extension using the Java SDK. I have defined a Thing Template that contains a configuration table that's used as credentials to connect to a server.

My Question:

In my configuration table I have used a field that is of base type "PASSWORD". My question is whether or not this is encrypted on the platform by default when base type of password is used, or will I need to leverage Encryption Services on the platform to keep my password encrypted. Just looking for more of an explanation on it. I've looked through the documentation and wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for.

If someone knows how this works or if there's documentation available please assist.

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paic
1-Newbie
(To:marineau)

If I'm not mistaken when you store information in a field of BaseType password it is automatically hashed, and I believe in 6.5 the encryption on that becomes yet a level stronger.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
paic
1-Newbie
(To:marineau)

If I'm not mistaken when you store information in a field of BaseType password it is automatically hashed, and I believe in 6.5 the encryption on that becomes yet a level stronger.

marineau
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thank you Pai Chung! Appreciate the response.

Top Tags