cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Error while importing TW_Download_PTC Windchill Extension in Composer

thingworxuser
10-Marble

Error while importing TW_Download_PTC Windchill Extension in Composer

Hi,

I am trying to import TW_Download_PTC Windchill Extension in Thingworx Composer version 6.0, but I am returning with error as "Error importing: error: Not Acceptable - [package: Download, error: \ThingworxStorage\extensions\TW_Download_PTC Windchill Extension_420b84c8-5da4-403b-9cde-70f9f8a352d6\TW_Download_PTC Windchill Extension\Download\metadata.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)]" .

Please let me know if this is due to composer version or any other issue?

Thanks,

Shiva

Regards & Thanks,
Shiva
4 REPLIES 4

Try unzipping your download first, then import. Recently the Marketplace underwent a change that wrapped all downloads with another layer of zip.

Tried unzipping and also importing each extensions inside .zip download folder(10.1-M040_WCTWXExtension-03.04,10.2-M030-CPS01_WCTWXExtension-03.07,ptc-windchill-extension-1.2.1-01), but still error importing.

Regards & Thanks,
Shiva

You should read the README.txt inside the Download.zip. It also provides a link to Windchill's document about this extension and its use.

Not everything in the download are ThingWorx Extensions. The one you want to import into ThingWorx is "ptc-windchill-extension-1.2.1-01.zip".

The other zips are patches for Windchill. Looks like there is a mashup XML that you can import into ThingWorx as well by using "Import from File".

Thanks for replying.

I noticed that minimum Thingworx version must be 6.5. I am using 6.0.3 and hence not importing.

Regards & Thanks,
Shiva
Top Tags