cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Custom widget doesn't appear in list

kboucheron
1-Newbie

Custom widget doesn't appear in list

Hi,

I recently created a custom widget according with the documentation.

The strcuture is :

schemaW.zip

=> metadata.xml

=> ui/

=> schemaw/

=> schemaw.ide.css, etc (4 files + the icon)

When i import the custom widget as an extension, it's successful.

In the extension window i can see that my extension and my widget are loaded, but i can't retreive the widget in the list when i develop the mashup...

And all previous extension (as google maps widgets) are not loaded in the list too. I tryed many ways, deleting the extension , restarting tomcat and then importing, but still the same issue.

I'm running on Thingworx 6.5.

Any idea about this issue ?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Hi,

So I have created a widget for use with ThingWorx and my structure in my zip file is

Top Level Folder named - ui and the metadata.xml file

inside ui I have a folder with my widgetname (for instance textboxupper in my case)

inside ui, I then have

images folder and  5 files

textboxupper.ide.css

textboxupper.ide.js

textboxupper.ide.png

textboxupper.runtime.css

textboxuppper.runtime.js

I think you are missing the ui folder level, just a thought.

Keri

Sorry for the ui folder, i just missed it in the post, i edited, but i have it !

If I were you I would start basic by just creating the exact same control as another control and renaming it and then doing the import and validating that everything works.  I know some of the developers here have had problems when they have forgotten to rename an element, you might want to validate that everything is renamed properly as well, just a thought.

I did it, and no remaining name from another widget ! I started from the helloWorld but i prefered to restart from 0 to write it, because of these possibles errors

Using the Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extensions will take the guess work out of building a custom widget.

The plugin is available on the MarketPlace under the Development Tools category.

I'm using the Eclipse plugin and my widget validates and imports successfully but doesn't appear in the list of widgets.  I've even cleared my cache and reloaded, just in case...

did you solved this problem i have the same problem too now

+1 for experiencing the exact same problem.

Suddenly my custom widgets just stopped showing in the list inside the Composer. Not even extensions from the marketplace update the widget list even though they obviously import successfully.

Please help?

fliu1
1-Newbie
(To:kbrandt)

you'd better use the gradle build tool to build your widget ,my error happend because i build my widget  using winRAR

Remove your recently added extension and check.

I had the same problem and after removing last added extension other started working.

Thanks

There can be times it says that the import was successful but the JavaScript is bad and then the widget will not appear

Check Application logs -  Share the script and I can take a look

Also run incognito to make sure there is no caching issue

Top Tags