cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to define user access/permission to Meshup / Tabs?

rahulsoni6391
1-Newbie

Created Two groups and added group members. Removed Users from Everyone Org. Giving Run-time and Design time access to groups on Meshup level and tab level - not happening.

Any idea how we can provide access to user/group on meshup pages? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Something that I just noticed in 6.0.3, the Tabs widgets now do have Visibility settings per tab. So you can derive logically Roles/Permissions from a user and drive Tab visibility now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Security is a rather comprehensive subject and of course extremely important.

I recommend you subscribe (if you haven't yet) to the precision LMS course at least on Security and Visibility.

Run time and Design time access is for Permissions, not visibility. For that you need to utilize Organizations and Visibility permissions.

Rahul,

as Pai mentioned, you have to create a new organization, add your groups to it, add your users to the groups, then add your organization to the Visibility section of your mashup.

At the end of the process you will see your new organization in the Visibility section of your mashup.

At this point your user can see the mashup.

Something that I just noticed in 6.0.3, the Tabs widgets now do have Visibility settings per tab. So you can derive logically Roles/Permissions from a user and drive Tab visibility now.

Hi Pie,

Thank you for informing me. Already checked this.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Rahul Soni

Top Tags